1. Eligibility: Contest is offered only to legal residents eighteen (18) years of age or older in the United States and void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, outside the United States, and anywhere else prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Firsttoknow.com LLC (“Sponsor”), affiliated and subsidiary companies, and its and their advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respect.
2. Entry: To participate in the “Shaun White Balance Board Giveaway,” entrants must “Like” the First To Know Facebook page, “Like” the Shaun White Supply Company Facebook page, “Share” the designated Shaun White photo (supplied on the First To Know Facebook page), and sign up for the First To Know newsletter.
3. Contest Period: Entries accepted from March 11, 2013 to March 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm.
4. Winner: Two winners will be randomly selected and notified via e-mail by the First To Know editorial staff. Must be at least 18-years-old and live within the U.S. to qualify.
5. Prize: Each winner will receive one Shaun White Supply Company Balance Board (Value: $79.99). Winners cannot trade prize in for cash value.
6. Claiming Prize: Two winners will notified by e-mail by March 25, 2013 . In order to collect the prize, the winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a publicity release, a W-9, and other required information, within 10 business days of notification. Disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected if winner fails to respond by April 1, 2013, if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. If required by law, winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form (winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding prize winnings).
7. General Conditions: By entering the giveaway and/or accepting the prize, where permitted by law, participants grant to the Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsors’ authority, (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any media and medium, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Further, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates (including, without limitation, advertisers) and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is determined to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Submission of entry indicates participant’s acceptance of the terms and rules in these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the rights to change, modify, cancel, or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Sponsor strives to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date. Errors and omissions may occur and will be subject to correction without prior notification.
8. Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ costs or fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
9. Data Collection: Information collected from participant’s entry is subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, which is located at http://firsttoknow.com/privacy-policy. All e-mails collected for this contest will be entered into the First To Know e-mail newsletter database and will not be shared with any outside parties.