County and state fair time is almost here and with it so are the wacky, eyebrow-raising, daring food concoctions that only come around this time of the year.
Since our local fair is still a few weeks out, we thought we’d amp up the anticipation by taking a look at some of the weirdest food items from around the country.
While we’d be happy to offer descriptions for these “delicacies,“ we think their names pretty much say it all. Check it out.
1) Mealworm-Covered Caramel Apples, Arizona
2) Cheeseburger with Fried Ice Cream, Florida
3) Fried Beer, Texas (Yes, that’s pretzel dough with beer filling)
4) Hot Beef Sundae, Indiana
5) Pickle Pop, Kansas
6) Spaghetti and Meatball on a Stick, Minnesota
7) Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich, California
8) Fried BubbleGum, Texas
9) Fried Salsa, Texas
10) Chocolate-covered Jalapenos, Minnesota