If you’ve watched any of the films from the infamous Final Destination franchise, then you know just how gruesome and bloody death can be. Those movies made us fearful of our surroundings and cautious about things we do in everyday life.
Whether it be walking past a pothole in the sidewalk, walking beneath scaffolding, hearing the sound of screeching tires, or driving behind a pickup truck hauling wood planks on the freeway, we can’t help but feel vulnerable after seeing people suffer a grisly fate.
Although the scenes in Final Destination were far-fetched, there have been incidents in real life that are far more scary than any special effects featured in movies.
Some of these people just couldn’t cheat death, even if they escaped its clutches once before.
In the slideshow above, you’ll see 12 times Final Destination actually happened in real life.
- Driver captures footage of wood plank flying through windshield.
- Sixteen-year-old student Ye Meng Yuan survives the Asiana plane crash only to be run over and killed by a firetruck.
- Jessica Ghawi survived a mall shooting in Toronto and was later killed in the Aurora theater massacre.
- During the demolition of a textile factory in the Czech Republic, a flying piece of debris almost takes some guy’s head off.
- Hilda Yolanda Mayol survived the 9/11 attacks. Unfortunately, two months later she died when American Airlines flight 587 crashed in New York.
- Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov woke up at her own funeral after wrongly being declared dead by doctors. When she awoke, she suffered from a heart attack from the shock and died.
- Jamaican politician Marcus Garvey is the only known person to have allegedly been killed after reading their premature obituary. It said he died “broke, alone and unpopular.”
- Russian dashcam captures footage of a pedestrian almost getting crushed by a crane on the sidewalk.
- The sole survivor of a 1977 plane crash that killed his entire basketball team was killed by a drunk driver a few weeks after.
- A six-year-old girl, Abigail Taylor, had her internal organs partially sucked out from a pool drain. Although doctors were able to replace her organs, nine months later she died while receiving a transplant.
- Jessica de Lima Rohl escaped a nightclub fire that killed 238 people after her boyfriend pleaded for her not to attend. One week later, she was killed in a terrible car accident.
- Man has an extremely close call with a chainsaw on live television.