If you had asked me last year what my 5 must-haves would be, it wouldn’t have looked like these today. In the last year I adopted a dog, married my husband and moved to New Orleans. My must-haves now include the “haves” of men and dogs.
- Hunter Boots– adorable on a woman and still simply fine on a man. I love every color.
- Cable knit for everybody, even dog. Maybe even especially for dog.
- True Southern Winter Cocktail: Brandy Milk Punch
- 2 oz brandy
(Bourbon is also commonly used)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 3 ice cubes
- cracked ice
- freshly grated nutmeg
In a cocktail shaker, combine the brandy, milk, and sugar with 3 ice cubes and shake until frothy, about one minutes. Strain into a double-old fashioned glass with cracked ice. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
- 2 oz brandy
- Exercise. Strong is the new skinny. Go to Pilates, go to yoga. Better yet, go to a circus school. In Los Angeles, Cirque School LA is an incredible house of muscle and talent that inspired me to be strong and in the sky. In my new home of New Orleans, Gravity Defying Fitness it the ticket. The divine Lorelei Ashe is the Head Poobah of keeping my frame in small sequin dresses.
- Lastly, but in my heart close to the top, are my Starry Night Earrings of my own creation. Casted silver braches with silver and rose gold star. Dedicated to nights of staying out too late and capturing the stars between the branches of overhead trees.
Have fun, cool, clever suggestions for the FTK audience? Email us for how to submit at email@example.com.