Family Buys Bananas Infested with Spiders Known to Cause Death, Erections

A British father of two brought a bag of bananas back from a Tesco grocery store, unaware that the bag was infested with a deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider, aka Banana Spider.

His wife Maria Layton, 43, only discovered the spider later upon opening the bag. Brazilian Wandering Spiders, whose Greek name translates to “murderess,” are aggressive and venomous, and their bites can lead to death, serious injury and, among other things, a painful four-hour erection in men.

9641041-large

Maria immediately called Tesco’s customer services for help after finding the spider. Their response was lackluster — they sent her a code to get a refund instead of realizing the danger her family could be in if the spider laid eggs in their home.

8oRtObb

She told Bristol Post:

My husband bought the bananas from Tesco, they had been in the house a whole day before I ripped the bag open.

Siri asked for a banana. The first banana had a funny bit on it, so I got another one for her and that was when I found the massive spider cocoon.

There was spider web on the other bananas too. I was so scared – I don’t like spiders at the best of times, but have read about Brazilan Wandering Spiders – and was very frightened about the potential threat to my family.

The spider cocoon started to unfurl so I put it in a sealed box and put it in the freezer as I read that that is supposed to kill them.

spiders

Advertisement
Advertisement