Summer Myers, 26, died in January of a heroin overdose. Watch as her mother, jackie Smallwood, shares what happened when her daughter began taking drugs and what left to her tragic end.
(WARNING: This video contains some graphic images.)
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, heroin overdoses have just about tripled over the past three years.
Myers represents a growing number of young adults who seem to have all the talent in the world, but somehow find themselves addicted and directionless. Though this video is from a few years ago, with the increase in prescription drug addiction it seems more relevant than ever.
Read the full article on Alaska Dispatch News: http://j.mp/1GSncnu
Know someone who is addicted — or do you need help?