This is one of the most amazing cake recipes we’ve ever seen. Perfect if you want a sweet treat without cooking up a whole cake, or heating up the whole house. And it’s so simple, we were actually able to do it ourselves.
It comes from the Crouton Crackers YouTube page, and this guy produces tons of really fun and creative food items. Some are complex, but others like this one are perfect for kids, too (with adult supervision).
What You Need
1 canned pineapple slice
1 maraschino cherry
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose or plain flour
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp pineapple juice (reserved from the can of pineapple slices)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp beaten egg
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Couple things we found when making this:
- You can use carton egg if you don’t want to beat an egg and throw out the extra
- If you don’t want as much sugar in the recipe, use just one Tbs of brown sugar.
- Use pineapple in natural juice, not syrup.
- Put the pineapple ring on a paper towel so it’s not as juicy. This helped the cake maintain its form.
- Plop a maraschino cherry in the pineapple ring when done. Sure, you can skip it, but we think it’s important.
Crouton Crackers says the calories come in at 427. We don’t know the science behind that, but we did love the cake nonetheless.
Watch the video above for his full directions.