The Laguna Beach Uncorked! International Wine & Food Fest was host to 30 top wineries and 20 renowned Laguna Beach restaurants on March 9th, 2013.
The event featured the finest Laguna Beach restaurants including 230 Forest Avenue, Sapphire Restaurant & Pantry, Watermarc, Tommy Bahamas, Mosiac Bar and Grille, Las Brisas, and Broadway by Amar Santana. Wineries from a number of countries including France, Argentina, Chile, and the United States also shared their unique creations.
“I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my Saturday than sampling amazing wines, eating delicious foods, and meeting inspired individuals,” said Laguna Niguel resident Melissa Ricker. “My goal is to attend at least a half-dozen similar events this year.”
Wine and food expos offer a plethora of benefits for locals and travelers alike.
First and foremost, they give food-lovers an excuse to be adventurous and sample numerous exotic dishes and wines from all over the globe.
Secondly, most offer educational lectures on cooking and wine tasting. For example, Laguna Beach Uncorked! offered an informative wine seminar by Michael A. Jordan, one of only 15 people in the world to hold both Master Sommelier and Certified Wine Educator diplomas.
“I have made several lifelong friends at events like these,” shared Ricker. “It’s amazing to have the opportunity to be surrounded by so many like-minded people and have an excuse to connect.”
Want to experience one of the many food and wine events throughout California? Here are some of our recommendations through July of 2013:
– Lodi Spring Wine Show – March 22-23
– 7th Annual California Artisan Cheese Festival – March 22-24
– Food + Wine Palm Desert – March 22-24
– 6th Annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine – April 4-7
– VinDiego (San Diego) – April 6
– Sacramento Beer & Chili Festival – April 6
– Paso Robles Grand Tasting Tour – April 10-11
– Earth Day Food & Wine Festival (San Luis Obispo) – April 10-21
– Taste of Hillcrest (San Diego) – April 20
– 11th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational (Los Angeles) – April 20
– 2013 Vintners’ Festival (Solvang) – April 20
– Wine Spectator’s Grand Tour (San Francisco) – April 24
– 30th Annual Tiburon Wine Festival (San Francisco) – May 18
– 31st Annual Art & Wine Festival (Walnut Creek) – June 2-3
– 36th Annual Monterey Wine Festival – June 8-9
– The LA WineFest – June 9-10
– 26th Annual Ojai Wine Festival – June 10
– 30th Annual Art & Wine Festival (Arrowhead) – June 23-24
– California Wine Festival 2013 (Santa Barbara) – July 18-20
Click here for information on the above California food and wine events.