One man in Australia got a major shock when he reached for his box of Corn Flakes and found a massive six-foot long python in the box instead of cereal. Jarred Smith, a 22-year-old from Sydney, Australia, said he was about to prepare a bowl of cereal when he opened the box and found the reptile coiled up inside, the Daily Telegraph reported.
“I peaked in the box, saw its head pop out and that’s when I dropped my food on the counter and bolted for the door,” Smith said.
Obviously freaked out, Smith grabbed his camera and started filming his unexpected breakfast guest.
Wary of handling the snake Smith and his father, who was also in the home, immediately called the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service to remove the snake.
Chris McGreal, who works as a wildlife rescuer, responded to the call.
McGreal removed the snake from the residence and released it back into the wild. He was able to identify it as a diamond python.
Fortunately, the bite of a diamond python is not considered dangerous to humans.
Both the Smiths and wildlife rescuer were surprised that the reptile was able to squeeze itself into the compact space of the cereal box.
“When I got there I actually had to tear the box to get it out, that’s how tightly squeezed in it was,” McGreal told the Daily Telegraph. He believes the snake chose the cramped space to hide for a sense of security.
Watch the video above to see Smith’s shocked reaction to his slithery discovery.