What do you get when you cross delicious crispy bacon with your favorite mac and cheese recipe? Deliciously over-indulgent comfort food that will change your life! Trust us, this Bacon Mac and Cheese Quesadilla is a recipe you need to try at least once as a sublime treat to your senses.
So give this recipe from Thrillist a try, but be warned we cannot be held responsible if your cholesterol is off-the-charts on your next doctor’s visit. Sometimes—when it comes to bacon and mac—you’ve just gotta live on the wild side.
So check out the recipe below.
What You Need
- 2 lbs bacon
- ½ macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt (or salt to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (or flavor to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Create latticed bacon “tortilla” by weaving bacon strips together. Trim until bacon weave forms a circle. Save excess bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and follow package instructions until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta.
- On medium-high heat cook leftover bacon until crispy, return pasta to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until melted.
- Spread mac and cheese mixture over one bacon weave and cover with the other.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
If you struggled with the bacon weave, check out this video about how to make perfectly latticed bacon.