It was a normal day for Joyce Fedd as she pulled into a McDonald’s drive-thru in Jacksonville, Florida, where she ordered two McChicken sandwiches for her children.
But it wasn’t until she bit into one of them that she realized something just wasn’t right. Immediately, she noticed that it tasted strange, and then looked down to realize that there was a creature squirming around inside.
Fedd spoke with WJAX-TV and explained exactly what happened.
I went to the drive-thru and ordered two chicken sandwiches for my kids. When I bit into this one something, I tasted something. Took it out my mouth and a worm in it.
When she went back to the McDonald’s and showed them the sandwich with the worm in it, all they did was give her a refund of $3.
The McDonald’s franchise owner, Jim Van Laere, told Action News Jacksonville that despite their response, health and food safety is a priority.
“Food safety is a top priority and we take incidents such as this very seriously, as it is highly unusual. We quickly reviewed our entire kitchen to ensure this type of occurrence could not happen.”
Fedd believes that she is not the only one this has happened to, and that something must be done to ensure no one else has to go through such a horrifying fast food experience.
If you bit into a sandwich and discovered this, what would you do?