Hello November, sweater season is finally here! The fall runways were full of head-to-toe knit ensembles. From colorful over-sized, cozy cable knits, cool details to dark floral printed sweatshirts – it’s time to stock up. So here’s our report on Sweater Trends Fall 2014.
Whether you’re a minimalist or someone looking to make a bold statement, we’ve rounded up the top 7 sweater trends for every budget. Click below to find your favorite go-to piece that you’ll have in your closet for the next several years of chilly days.
1) Poncho Sweaters – Perfect for those days when you’re short on time but still want to look cool. Wear with skinny jeans or leather leggings.
2) Cable-knit Sweaters – These heritage knits are a fall classic, adding a rustic-chic to any outfit. Pair with jeans and over-the-knee boots.
3) Embellished Sweaters – Beaded, sequined, appliquéd… it’s going to be a long winter – have a little fun!
4) Chunky Sweaters – This season, look for sweaters with dramatic proportions—the bigger and chunkier, the better!
5) Cashmere Maroon (Color of the Season) Turtlenecks – The sleek turtleneck is completely polished when worn with pants or a skirt, and insanely chic when layered under a dress or jumpsuit.
6) Fair Isle Sweaters – Is there anything that says “winter wonderland” more than a classic fair isle sweater?
7) Dark Floral Printed Sweatshirts – Add a touch of dark romance with a floral print.