These Parents Never Thought This Horrific Accident Could Happen to Them

Most parents understand the extreme danger of leaving a child or animal shut inside of a car, and would never think of doing so. But this tragic story is a reminder to always know the whereabouts of your child.

A family in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was left in a state of shock and devastation after their 11-month-old tragically died inside of their Ford Explorer. The parents had been unloading groceries in the late afternoon and, according to reports, forgot to get the baby out of the vehicle.

By the time they realized the baby wasn’t in the house, an hour had already passed and the child was unresponsive inside the hot vehicle.

The parents called 911 and began CPR, but efforts to revive the child failed. The baby was taken to a local hospital, but was declared dead.

Police in Lauderhill confirmed that they responded to the call and are launching an investigation into the death. Police spokesman Gregory Solowsky described the parents as cooperative and extremely distraught.

The infant was the youngest of five children in the family—with the oldest being 14 years old.

Solowsky described the incident as a tragedy, and indicated that it is not yet known what, if any, charges will be filed in this case.

Advertisement
Advertisement