If you’re looking for the perfect recipe for leftovers, look no further than Karla Williams’ Turkey Pot Pie. Comfort food never has tasted so yummy or ever been as healthy. Williams is a talented chef at the world-renowned Hilton Head resort in South Carolina.
We hope you’ll enjoy this one as much as we do!
Butter 2 T.
Carrot, diced 1 cup
Onion, diced ½ cup
Celery, diced 1 cup
Thyme, fresh, chopped 1 tsp.
Low-sodium chicken stock 3 cups
Red bliss potato, cubed 2 cups
Flour ⅓ cup
Water ⅓ cup
Turkey, diced 2 cups
Green peas 1 cup
Salt ½ tsp.
Black pepper ¼ tsp.
Puff pastry dough ½ sheet
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. To prepare filling, melt 2 teaspoons butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, celery, turkey, and thyme; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Combine flour and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Return potato mixture to a boil. Slowly drizzle flour mixture into potato mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
4. Add peas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Spoon chicken mixture into a large ramekin or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Place dough on top of chicken mixture, pressing to edge of dish. Cut 2 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
6. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes
SERVINGS 8; SERVING SIZE 1 ½ cups CALORIES 240kcal; FAT 5gm